Heartwood Editing & Coaching
Take your fiction project to the next level with customized editing and coaching services that suit your needs and story vision.
– Developmental Edits
– Line Edits
– Craft Basics
– Creative Recharge
– Solutions Session
Jess Creaden they/them
Editor and Coach
I’m an author with a background in academic research, with degrees in history, anthropology, and higher education. With fifteen years of experience in the craft of novel writing, revisions, querying, and supporting authors, I provide clients with the tools best suited for each unique project to help them achieve the goals they set. Whether an author is just starting out or neck-deep in professional edits on deadline, I lighten the load and make the work easier and more manageable.
Ideally, clients will engage me to:
- quickly level up craft while improving pages
- rapidly diagnose story strengths and weaknesses
- save extra steps when on deadline or prior to querying/submitting/returning pages
- run through revisions or a final edit before self publishing
- troubleshoot craft or writing problems